tisdag 14 april 2015


This is a real old negative, from the second roll of film I ever took. I was taking a basic course in photography at the University of Miami and we had the assignment to take portraits in a working environment. I went to my father’s office and took 11 pictures of 11 people. Wow! Almost a whole roll! I didn’t take the whole roll of 12 exposures because there weren’t 12 people working there. But I had to finish the roll and get back to school and develop it. So I took this picture. Her name is Lois Sargant and she was the daughter of my father’s secretary. I think she was at the office because she had a cold or something.

I made a print of the best working portrait and left in the assignment. I made a print of Lois and gave it to her mother. I went on to other assignments. Recently I was looking for an old negative when I found this one instead and decided to scan it in for my ”Something Old” section of my website. The note with the negative says that it was taken on November 2, 1963 and I scanned it 51 years later to the day. In 1963 digital meant something to do with fingers to me. I wonder what we can do with the negative in 50 more years? Assimilate its DNA and clone a new Lois? Don’t laugh.

This is the only negative I have from this roll. On the roll was also Joseph Amanzio who worked for my father at the time. A few years ago I gave him the other negatives because they meant more to him than to me.


Inga kommentarer: