måndag 3 november 2014




In the summer of 1981 I wanted to continue a project from the year before, which resulted in the book "Juli 1980", and at the same time expand it. Between the 17th of May and the 8th of September, I worked in the same way — I didn’t plan my thinking or my photography. I worked instinctively and, as a complement to the pictures, I wrote a diary and poetry. In an attempt to give the pictures another feeling than those in "Juli 1980" , I used a different camera, a pocket camera from the 50's, a Folmar Automatic, giving a 6X9 centimeter negative. This picture was one of the first pictures in the project. Back then it never got past the contact stage. It was first when I was working on the book that I came across this negative and liked it. Why do I like it so much now and not as much then? I guess quite simply I was a different person now than 32 years ago. This picture is also unique (for me) in that I scanned the negative direct for the book and never have made a print of it. I’ll have to do that some day.

Inga kommentarer: