torsdag 12 augusti 2010


In the fall of 1965 I received a scholarship to study Radio and Television Production at The American University in Washington D.C. One of my duties connected with the scholarship was to take pictures for the University. I may even have been The Photographer, but I’m not sure. One of my first jobs was to do a little feature for the magazine on the activities of the school theatre group. For some reason, I decided to use the school’s 6X6 camera, a format I hadn’t used for two years. Of course I had in that time managed to forget all about lining up the arrows on the film with the arrows on the camera and this was the result. Luckily there was no deadline on this project and I could go back and get the pictures I needed. I printed this picture just to see what it looked like and the editor liked it so much he used it on the table of contents page! It is also distinguished in that it is one of two negatives I have managed to lose in my “career” as a photographer. I keep hoping that it’s just misplaced in those tons of negatives I have in my basement.

Inga kommentarer: