onsdag 20 januari 2010


I have two daughters, Elisabeth and Christine. Aside from the "project pictures" (Elisabeth and Christine), and all the family snapshots, I have had another project "monthly pictures". Every month, since June of 1980 when Christine was 6 months old, I have taken a picture of Elisabeth and a picture of Christine, on Polaroid SX70. Then I wrote on the back of the picture a little summary of what we did that day. Elisabeth would get the picture I took of Christine and vice versa.
We often have great fun taking out the pictures and looking at them and reading the text: "OK, pick a date!" This time it's the first of August 1981. I wrote on the back: "We went out walking to get some pine and spruce trees to fill out in front of the cabin. On the way back, Christine stopped and said "Mamma, mygg illa ögon" (Mommy bug hurt eye). And it swelled and turned bluish-pink. Later she lay on the sofa."

Inga kommentarer: