måndag 24 november 2008


Towards the end of my first term of photo studies (the fall of 1963), I was asked by a fraternity to take some pictures of a float they were building for some parade (I don't remember which parade). A real novice, enthusiatic and insecure with my photographic responsibility, I took three rolls of 120 film, a huge amount for me then. I took lots of people posing and working, but I also took "artistic" shots.

I thought my artistic shots were good but the fraternity had no use for them, nor did the pictures fit into an assignment, so they never got printed. When looking for them I found I didn't even have a contact, so I had a merry time holding my negative sheets up to the light one by one, the whole fall of 1963 passing before my eyes. I found them, December 10th, and scanned in this picture. I'll probably never get around to printing them (I have lots of other negatives waiting in line), but at least I have it here!

Inga kommentarer: